Puppy Class at SPC
socialization offers puppies the chance to play with other puppies of comparable
size and age, as well as expose them to as many new people as possible, in
a safe environment. Many trainers recommend that puppies meet and greet,
at a minimum, 50 new people and 50 new dogs before they are 16 weeks old.
Sadly, there are not many “safe” places a pup can go prior to 16 weeks, the
age when most, if not all, vaccines have been given.
at Sunrise Pet Clinic we offer your puppy a safe environment with which to
socialize and become the best s/he can be as early as 8 weeks of age, up
to 6 months of age.
SPC Puppy classes require each pup have proof of the following prior to attendance:
1. First Distemper/Parvo vaccine
2. Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine
3. Negative fecal test – must include GIARDIA by ELISA testing
Puppy class is:
• A safe place to run and play with comparable sized puppies
• A positive experience for the whole family and a great way to interact with your puppy amidst distractions
• A place you can ask questions about your puppies development, learn
housetraining tricks, the why’s of crate training or what encompasses a polite
• Off leash, wild abandoned and downright fun intermixed with informal
positive based learning of basic commands such as sit, down, and leave it
Puppy class is NOT:
• Formal obedience training
• Correction based training
Your Sunrise Pet Clinic puppy advocate will be Xena Carpenter, ESMT.
Class is held every Saturday afternoon from 1:00 to 2:30pm. The cost
is $15 per puppy, per session. This fee is payable, in cash or check, to
your puppy advocate at the beginning of each class.
If you are interested in attending class, please call Sunrise Pet Clinic
at 520.299.5044 or Sommerset Dog Training at 520.304.7670 and ask for Xena.
Return to Educational Information Page